RE: [ihc] Outfitting my shop

Hey Tom,

: -----Original Message-----
: From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided] On
: Behalf Of Tom Mandera
: Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2003 10:46 AM
: To: Jim Camery
: Cc: ihc-digest@domain.elided
: Subject: Re: [ihc] Outfitting my shop

<Snippage!>

: You'll want your air compressor to be as far from the
: blasting cabinet, "air line" wise, as possible to give the
: compressed air more time to cool and the moisture to condense out.

So then... Would the reverse apply for a water trap?  I'd want it as close
as possible to the compressor output (and as far away from the tool) as
possible? I'm looking for a nice water filter for my compressor... OK
humidity in the summer is pretty brutal for pumping "water" into the air
tools. I saw a filter at Wal-Mart that looked "ok" I guess. It was their
default air tool brand (C-K, G-K or something like that). Looked reasonably
priced though. Wonder if water traps are like everything else... There's
good ones & bad ones and you get what you pay for.  Probably so.

: Jim Camery wrote:

<Snip!>

: > help based on experience would be appreciated.

That would count me out! %^}

Have a good day!

--Pete

     .===============.
   ||( )| | | | | |( )||	Binder AT pferris DOT com
   | ----------------- |	'77 Scout II, 304, a/t, p/s, etc.
  [/\_@@ ==== ==== @@_/\]	More 'stock' than 'not'!
http://www.pferris.com/Binder_Pix/Binder_Pix.php
  [/</]   \_/       [\>\]	http://www.pferris.com/scout