RE: [ihc] More carb, linkage questions

## >> The Weber 32/26 is a 300-330 CFM carb (I've seen both numbers listed,
## >> and I can't remember which number I trusted more.  But I
## >> digress) and I
## >> was wondering what the cfm rating of the stock 1 barrel carb was.  I
## >> skimmed through the IHC service manual and didn't see it listed.  Any
## >> other resources?  Everything I've read says that the 32/36 is
## >> great for
## >> this application, but it can't hurt to double check.

i don't know enough about tranny kickdown linkages to be anything but a
menace, so i'm not addressing those questions.

however, i can tell you that the stock Holley 2-barrel carb found on many
SV304 and SV345 engines is a 350-cfm 2300.  a lot of folks (including me)
upgrade that to a 500cfm model, but that's personal preference and little
more.  i think that if you put a 300 to 330-cfm Weber on your 258, you
should be just fine.  the single-barrel you have now isn't likely to be more
than 200cfm at most, i would think.

i think the Weber progressive 32/36 should do just fine.  i believe that's
the one i was looking at for my Scout, come to think of it.  good luck.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi