[ihc] Carb help needed

OK, guys.  My Scout has been giving me big problems with dieseling ever
since I got it, a little over 6 months ago.  I've been fiddling with the
carb a bit, reducing the idle, using carb cleaner, etc. all to no
avail.  I finally had the service manager at my local carage check it
out.  He figured it out immediately.  The auto choke is bad.  I'm
running the stock carb (rebuilt) but it's missing the heat pickup tube
leading to the auto choke, so the auto choke doesn't work.  Also, where
the heat pickup tube connects has been damaged so simply replacing it is
not easy, if even possible.

My question for you guys is on what to do from here.  He tried
installing a manual choke, but couldn't get it to go.  I know from
reading the Scout service manual that there is an electric choke that
was used on that carb with the 196.  (I've got a 258)  What can I do to
get a part number on the electric choke, and would it work in my
application?  What are my other options?

Thanks,

Dave