Re: [ihc] Carb help needed

On a typical Holley 2300.. (I realize you're talking about a 1920 or 1904 1bbl, but it's been ages since I threw mine in the reject-pile)

If you have a "thin" round black device on the side of the carb, near the hot-air "sensor" tube fitting..

You can buy a replacement Electric Choke module for ~$20 IIRC and just bolt it on, and find an "ignition hot" voltage source.

David Bongo wrote:

My question for you guys is on what to do from here.  He tried
installing a manual choke, but couldn't get it to go.  I know from
reading the Scout service manual that there is an electric choke that
was used on that carb with the 196.  (I've got a 258)  What can I do to
get a part number on the electric choke, and would it work in my
application?  What are my other options?

Thanks,

Dave