Re: [ihc] RE: Tow Straps

The "Not for Lifting" is probably like a lot of other warnings--it's
there to cover them in case someone tries to sue them after misusing the
strap.

One thing I learned about lifting devices when reading some safety
specs--I don't recall if it was OSHA regs or SAE recommendations or
what--is that the rated lifting capacity of a chain can only be 25%
(IIRC) of it's rated breaking strength--quite a bit of safety factor.
Likely the tow strap makers don't want to go through the testing and
certification procedures, so the straps are "Not for Lifting", but I've
seen similar straps used for lifting.  The cost of these probably makes
the highest priced tow strap look inexpensive.

Howard