Re: [ihc] Robertshaw 'Stats, Anyone?

At 11:48 PM -0600 12/6/03, T.R.E.Jr. wrote:
>---It was less than a year ago that I visited the RS website in search of a
>cut away diagram or some sort of explanation about this so-called bypass. I
>bought a RS 180 (IIRC) from AutoZone and it did not have any small port or
>anything, no valve that I could see. The package had been taped closed, so I
>thought I was getting some customer's replacement product (thank you very
>much) rather than what was supposed to be in the package. I didn't find any
>diagrams or images of the RS thermostat, but what I did find was a link to
>their partner companies and guess what, Stant was listed and the link took
>me right to the Stant site. FWIW, I posted on the digest about it and if
>anyone followed the links, if I posted them, which I believe I would have...
>they would have gone to the same place that I did. At that point, I stated
>in the message that Stant was the same company as Robert Shaw.

About Stant
The Tomkins Industrial and Automotive group is a leading designer,
manufacturer and distributor of a broad range of automotive parts and
tools including products from Gates, Ideal, Plews/Edelmann,
Standard-Thomson, Stant and Trico. Company products are sold in the
U.S. to the vast majority of wholesale automotive parts distribution
outlets and to automotive original equipment manufacturers. Company
products are also manufactured and sold in industrial markets in the
U.S. and internationally.

FYI

John
--