RE: [ihc] Robertshaw 'Stats, Anyone?

At 10:06 PM -0600 12/4/03, Peter Ferris wrote:
Lemme see...

: ---Robert Shaw is nothing more than the commercial line of
: thermostats. If the auto parts store carries Stant, then they
: carry Robert Shaw. What's the difference between Stant and
: Robert Shaw? Robert Shaw is said to actuate at the desired
What have you been smoking, Pete? Most parts stores carry Stant, only a few carry Robert Shaw.

I was lead to believe there was/is a MECHANICAL difference between the
Robertshaw and 'anything else' (incl. Stant).
There is a mechanical difference between the two brands. I believe that Stant used to make the correct thermostat, but dropped it, and now lists a replacement that doesn't shut off the bypass opening when it opens.

Sooo, you're saying, Stant is the consumer version and Robertshaw is the
commercial version - made by the SAME company?
I'd have to see the evidence of that.

But if I can find a Stant
that's supposed to work, it will be form, fit & function compatible? I
didn't know that (but I ain't too old to learn... <yet!>!).
No, no, no.

For a while Auto Zone seemed to be carrying the Robert Shaw thermostats but labeling them as their own. I haven't checked lately.

Perhaps the Fleckster has cornered the market. Good for him.

John
--
John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs