Re: [ihc] Info sought on rear gas tank setups for trucks

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ed Sohm" <idaemes@domain.elided>
To: "'John M. Adams'" <jma@domain.elided>; <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Cc: "'Ryan Moore'" <baradium@domain.elided>; "'Rocky Lear'"
<rockylear@domain.elided>
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2003 13:42
Subject: RE: [ihc] Info sought on rear gas tank setups for trucks

> The only 100 gallon capacity I have heard of was Ken Farmer's Traveler
> with the bunch of aftermarket tanks that it came to him with.
> I've never seen a fuel door in the bed side of an IH D series pickup.
> I'm not saying IH never did it, I've just never seen or heard of it
> before.

<snip>

I came THIS close to getting a diesel traveler with 50 gallons of fuel
capacity once... Ah well... I'll find myself a diesel eventually... that
rangewould have been nice though...

I've seen fuel doors in the bed side of an IH D series pickup in pictures,
but I had also seen identical ones before on 67-72 chevy pickups.  They are
dealer installed after market tanks for the bedside.  Nice setups, but not
factory.

-Ryan