RE: [ihc] Info sought on rear gas tank setups for trucks

The only 100 gallon capacity I have heard of was Ken Farmer's Traveler
with the bunch of aftermarket tanks that it came to him with.
I've never seen a fuel door in the bed side of an IH D series pickup.
I'm not saying IH never did it, I've just never seen or heard of it
before.

My Travelette has two fender fills. 14.5gal on the passenger side. 6gal
is all I can get in on the driver side.  I've bought new hoses for both
sides, guess I should install them and see if I can get more than 6 into
the one.  19.5 gallons is not enough at ~8mpg.

I was hoping for a flatbed to put a tank on top of from Santa this year,
but Santa has informed me that she doesn't have enough money this.

Have you seen the bed box/fuel tanks they sell?

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?sto
reId=6970&langId=-1&catalogId=4006970&PHOTOS=on&TEST=Y&productId=665559&
categoryId=420

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?sto
reId=6970&langId=-1&catalogId=4006970&PHOTOS=on&TEST=Y&productId=734792&
categoryId=420

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/LLCategoryDisplayV
iew?storeId=6970&langId=-1&catalogId=4006970&PHOTOS=on&TEST=Y&productId=
604537&categoryId=420

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/LLCategoryDisplayV
iew?storeId=6970&langId=-1&catalogId=4006970&PHOTOS=on&TEST=Y&productId=
596197&categoryId=420

 Ed Sohm
Battle Creek, IA

'71 800 B