Re: [ihc] Info sought on rear gas tank setups for trucks

Yes, the front tanks held something like 13 and 15 gallons, or 15 and 17/18
gallons or something like that-these were the "side-saddle" tanks that ran
under each side of the front.

Travelalls and Wagonmasters with dual tanks had the passenger side front
tank and a rear tank in the driver's side fender area-opposite the spare
tire mounting area.  I don't recall what these tanks held, but am thinking
12 or so gallons.

I don't think this type of tank could be mounted in a PU, as the sidewalls
are not thick enough to house it.  I did have a '66 or so T'all that had a
rear, under-the bed type of tank, with a small flap in the floor to access
it, and have heard of a few others, but have never seen another one, nor
seen one on a newer series truck or T'all.  I am sure there is room under
there to mount one, but think it is up to you, your imagination, and your
ability to "customize."

Michael