Re: [ihc] M/C Reservoirs Revisited (was Re: Another brake (?) Question)

At 12:59 AM -0600 12/2/03, T.R.E.Jr. wrote:
---I am thinking he is again going to tell you that what you need is a 4-way
disc master cylinder. From what I have heard in a previous post regarding
master cylinders and the difference between the reservoirs, is the larger
reservoir is actually for the disc because the caliper piston needs more
fluid to be pushed out and has to have the required capacity to retain that
fluid when the piston is retracted. I always though the larger reservoir was
for the rear/drums (not having paid close attention).

That's correct, the rear reservoir is smaller and supplies the rear drum brakes.

John
--
John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs