Re: [ihc] gold box questions

> >> The Gold Box probably isn't the problem. It
> wouldn't change the
> >> timing. It is time to check the plug wires,
> distributor cap, rotor,
> >> vacuum leaks, coil, etc.

I'd agree. Our schout used to cut out & die, and then
restart after a few minutes. Good thing it is a
4speed, as keeping it in gear, keeps the engine
turning & the PS pump working, as it would always die
when I was driving. It was a prestolite distributor,
and dad said he thins the circuit board was cracked.
New distributor, problem solved.
Mark