[ihc] Re: Neutral Safety Switch

At 8:25 PM -0500 11/28/03, DORKIEST@domain.elided wrote:
Well maybe I will, and maybe I won't, but I should.

John

- --
John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs
After having my tranny rebuilt, with a new switch, the scout won't start. I
used the binder bulletins wire diagram to show me the wires(I think #141)
I also, bypassed it, just to get the thing on the road. I wired in a switch
on the dash to do the reverse lights. Mr. Hofstetter, did you do that or does
your reverse light work? I didn't know if the linkage in side the tranny was
bad or if the switch was bad. I tried another switch, but it still didn't work.
Location: on the drivers side, right above the pan, next to the shift
linkage. This is for a normal scout. Shoud be the only thing with wires hooked to,
with a three prong outlet.
Scott Ray
'76 Scout
Scott,

As I think you know, the neutral safety switch and the back up lights are different components of the same switch. My reverse lighting works fine. I had the tranny rebuilt about 6 months ago, and the rebuilder didn't realize the neutral safety switch was bad. I should have told him and had him change it while it was out.

Let's see, the safety switch part must be stuck in the closed position since it starts in any gear. Does that sound right to you?

John
--
John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs