RE: [ihc] Slight lift to older Travelall

One last question (yeah, right...):

In looking around for longer rear spring pillars to replace my stock
pillars, I notice that the ones available are all different from mine in one
respect (aside from size). Mine have two integral castings that seem
designed to "trap" the inboard lengths of each of the u-bolts. All the
aftermarket blocks I see are smooth rectangular blocks, with no guides /
keepers for the u-bolts. Do you think this will be a problem? Would I be
better off having a 2" (or whatever I end up needing after I determine the
finished height in front...) block welded to my stock 2.75" pillars? Or
should I just go for a 5" (for instance) smooth-sided replacement? How
important are those u-bolt guides? Or maybe I can find the same design, but
haven't looked hard enough yet? Thanks again... -John A.
---