[ihc] WOW CJs and my NEW (to me) Trailer

My msg comes in a day late and a dollar short!
here I saw the message left a few digests ago, and no replies, then asked
again (and I was behind about 6 digests), I answered.
After the flames, it seems like I wasn't even paying attention.

I was just getting caught up!  I promise!

I've ridden and driven too many KILLER jeeps to say much of anything bad,
and there are about 6 models I'd love to get for my own should they come up
somewhere.  ~'53 wagon 4wd, FC, MB/CJ2, CJ6/8, Commando, early sedan...

Anyway, last weekend I picked up a Dunbar Kapple Trailer, 1951 Vintage.  No
rust holes, no big dents,  only surface, brand new tires, been sitting ~20
years, and lunette AND ball hitch hookups, lights, both blackout and
conventional, manual brake to set the trailer still, and the peg-leg for
level stance when not on a truck, shocks, of course the military wrap
springs (like 12 leaves in all but still very soft!).  Pictures soon if
anyone wants some.  It even had the shadows of the US Army Labels on the
sides.  Neat thing about this trailer is that there is no tailgate so it's
perfect for the trail or those trips to the wrecking yard either to pick up
the little bits or drop them off for 'recycling'.  Also, it's 5 on 5.5" but
the wheels there now are 16" x 6".  The goal is make a tonneau for it
(plywood or steel) and either put a tent over the trailer, or just keep the
camp goods and spares in the trailer and sleep in the truck.

Just thought I'd share.

Joel B