Re: [ihc] Re: ihc-digest V7 #226

Jack-

I have been on this list for a LONG time-about 7 or 8 years, I think, and I
DID know that he was kidding, but I do remember thinking, "OUCH!"  You
hadn't even mentioned tearing apart an IH, and were talking about being new
to the hobby, and he was already blasting you-even though, as I said, I DO
know him and know he was just playing!

So, for the record, I do understand that, without any "emoticons" or
whatever they are called, you could have taken him seriously, and thus
responded as you did.  I have no problem with that.  Defended yourself
pretty well, and used symbolism for the bad words, which we on this list
greatly appreciate.

So for future reference, this list is GENERALLY a very flame-free group.
Occasionally, one of us will get our hackles up and say something a bit
strong, or defend ourselves a bit too strongly (and I am probably more
guilty of it than anyone else on here), but we are usually very quickly
called back into line or everyone knows to ignore us as we must just be
having a bad day!

So STAY on this list with us and be very relaxed-98% of anything that could
be construed as "mean" is just us having fun at each other's expense!

Welcome!

What part of the country are you in?  May be some digesters nearby that can
occasionally offer soem help!

Michael

> If you were kidding, please accept my apology!!  I have just been on too
many
> boards or lists where the main group of people were underage, quick to
jump
> on someone for their beliefs, type boards.  Again, I do apologize, its
just not
> that flattering to join a list and then get slandered as soon as I ask a
> question.  I guess a "j/k" would have helped me out on the sarcasm.
Sorry, and I