Re: [ihc] Travelall 1010 parts wish list

----- Original Message -----
From: <DeepSouthScouts@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2003 06:00
Subject: [ihc] Travelall 1010 parts wish list

> Digesters,
> Here are a few items I need, or would like to have for my 73 1010 2wd
> Travelall.
> Maybe some of you know of a source.
> Some items may not be realistically available. :-)
> Front bench seat cover, original gold Sage swirly satiny type fabric.
> Tailgate: window fuzzy (inside), and rubber window wiper strip (outside).
> Heat/AC blower motor (Mine did work, but blows fuses now:-(

Have you made sure that the wiring is good and the connections clean?  Could
be wiring or connectsions causing the fuse issues...

> AM/FM radio to fit in the original AM radio hole (built in CB or 8 track
or
> cassette would be a plus)

I'd keep an eye on ebay... there should be something popping up
eventually...  of course I don't know how you tell what fits...  panel is in
the same spot but that's not even on the radar for it yet...

> Modern enamel paint code to match the original gold color.
> ((From lineset: two tone paint PT 10772
> ***pba slot range 236 - 4400 bottom))
> Console (option?) for bench seat.

???

Are you looking for something you've seen or asking if there is one you
could use?

There was an option with two bucket seats and a kind of console/seat in the
center (the panel has this), but I'm not aware of a console for the *bench*
seat, unless you buy one that sits on the seat from your friendly
neighborhood parts store...

> Roof rack.
> Windshield visor (I know)
> Clearance lights (original option type)

Check out ebay, I saw an NOS set of those come up a pretty good while ago
(havn't looked since)

> Bug shield (original option type)
> Small original mirrors (I have huge Foord type mirrors)
> Cruise control

Original only?  or have you considered aftermarket?

> 3rd seat mount and/or seat
> >>>
> And a couple of questions.
> Can the gas tank on the driver side be reached by removing interior panels
> like
> accessing the spare tire well on the pass side?

Yes, the panel doesn't have the interior carpet/vinyl/whatever in it so I
could see it, has a panel in the same area as the spare tire panel and the
same size that screws on.

> Can the floor/footwell fresh air vents be removed to clean/vacuum out the
> lower cowl area
> (where all the leaves settle) like on the Scout II?
> If not, then am I right in figuring that the front fenders have to come
off,
> or is there
> another way to clean out the cowl vent area?
> Thanks
>
> Mike Toney

The footwell vents might be a way to get to the cowl, but I honestly have no
idea about that one...

-Ryan