RE: [ihc] Travelall 1010 parts wish list

## >> Maybe some of you know of a source.
## >> Some items may not be realistically available. :-)
## >> Front bench seat cover, original gold Sage swirly satiny type fabric.
## >> Tailgate: window fuzzy (inside), and rubber window wiper
## >> strip (outside).
## >> Heat/AC blower motor (Mine did work, but blows fuses now:-(
## >> AM/FM radio to fit in the original AM radio hole (built in CB
## >> or 8 track or
## >> cassette would be a plus)
## >> Modern enamel paint code to match the original gold color.
## >> ((From lineset: two tone paint PT 10772
## >> ***pba slot range 236 - 4400 bottom))
## >> Console (option?) for bench seat.
## >> Roof rack.
## >> Windshield visor (I know)
## >> Clearance lights (original option type)
## >> Bug shield (original option type)
## >> Small original mirrors (I have huge Foord type mirrors)
## >> Cruise control
## >> 3rd seat mount and/or seat

i can't help you with this stuff, unfortunately...  my own 1010 has become a
candidate for total restoration in the years it's been sitting in the
driveway and now i need s few things for it myself.  i do know that several
models of non-removeable-faceplate JVC cassette decks fit in the dash hole
with no modification (that's what mine has).  i'd like some of those
clearance lights for the 1110 4x4, too.  mine has some kind of a black and
white tweed-like seat cover over the original sun-damaged upholstery, but i
don't know where it came from, as it was in there when i got it.  WalMart
sells one that looks an awful lot like mine, could be what mine is.

## >> And a couple of questions.
## >> Can the gas tank on the driver side be reached by removing
## >> interior panels
## >> like
## >> accessing the spare tire well on the pass side?

absolutely.  in fact, this is the only way to access that tank.  it's held
to the inside of the outer fender with steel straps.  the bolts for those
are somewhat adventuresome to get out, as are some of the tank fittings
(various small hoses and fuel lines), but it's not a major endeavour, in my
opinion.  where the spare tire cover only has those two fasteners at the
top, the tank cover has the screws all the way around that you will have to
remove.  getting the cover off after all the screws are out can be slightly
troublesome, and getting it back on more so (mine is quite difficult, but
the sheet metal is a little tweaked up), but again, not a super incredible
nightmare.

## >> Can the floor/footwell fresh air vents be removed to
## >> clean/vacuum out the
## >> lower cowl area
## >> (where all the leaves settle) like on the Scout II?

i don't know, i never tried.  maybe?  when the sun comes up i'll go out
there and have a look.  see if anything looks like it'll come out.

## >> If not, then am I right in figuring that the front fenders
## >> have to come off,
## >> or is there
## >> another way to clean out the cowl vent area?

maybe one of the other Digesters has tried to do this.  i think i'd like to
know too, as my 1110 has some junk in there that could probably do with
being cleaned out.  anybody else know?

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi

http://master.triad.ath.cx/
---
This message is certified Virus Free.  However;
Don't take *my* word for it, check it yourself.