Re: [ihc] Brakes, power steering

First, thanks for the verification that I tested the system properly.
That was a major concern of mine.  With all my transmission problems on
the Cherokee (4th Tranny installed at around 30K miles) I tend to get
just a little paranoid at times.

I'll have to inspect the booster as best I can tomorrow.  My normal
mechanic is on vacation for almost a week and a half.  The other
mechanic there actually called me at home for directions on how to open
the hood, so I try to stick with the guy who, you know, knows how to pop
open the hood.  Still, I'm sure he can replace the booster if
necessary.  (There are certain things I won't do, and major brake work
is among them.  Brakes are, like, really important for normal people.
But for me, with about 500 stops/day, they're vital.  I can't afford to
have a problem there.)

I'll also try and find out what setup I actually do have in there.  That
should make it a lot easier to get parts.  Hopefully I can reach the PO
tomorrow, even with Thanksgiving right around the corner.

Thanks,
Dave

"T.R.E.Jr." wrote:

> ---Couldn't find anything through AC-Delco. I don't know if it would work,
> but have you asked about a master cylinder for the `74 Scout II with front
> drums? That would give you equal capacity reservoirs and maybe even a
> combination valve.
>
> -T.R.E.Jr.
> -`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
> -`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
> -`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
> -`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)

[cut]