[ihc] Re: ihc-digest V7 #226

1)Did I use scout axles under my CJ?  Yes.
2)Am I going to use IH Truck knuckles for high steer?  Yes.
3)Do I know that the outer stub shaft is smaller compared to chevy 30 splined axles?  Yes.
4)Do I think that Chevy axles are too wide for the wheeling I do?  Yes.
5)Are all of the parts that I am using coming off of IH that have already gone to IH rust heaven?  Yes.
6)Did I buy all of my axle stuff from IH specific stores instead of Jeep in order to help keep them afloat?  Yes.
7)Are you the type of person that makes me not want to not buy an IH as a resto project just due to the type of owners that appear to be out there?  Yes.
8)Am I going to let narrow minded people like you deter me from doing what I am doing? No.
9)Do you think I care if you think an IH product is cooler than a Jeep product?  No.

To sum it up, you wonder why Jeep guys don't mind hacking up scouts, etc that could easily be restored just so they can yank the axles?  Pompus a$$es like yourself, thats why.  But honestly, I think both companoies made some awesome vehicles!  It all depends on what you want out of a vehicle.  Am I thinking of restoring a scout and drop in a nice 345?  Yup.  Oh well, thats just my opinion, and you can have yours.  I am not gonna tell you how to think, or what you should belive.  I do ask that you show common courtesy to a newby to your list though.
For everyone else, sorry for the rant,
Jack
PS - Oh, and by the way, Dodge one ton axles (dana60/Dana70) would be better for my use anyway, not chevy's - esp not that crappy low hanging 14 bolt center section!  You should do your homework on spring widths...