Re: [ihc] 900 series

Mark-

The 908 has the same cab as the 1000 series pickup. The frame is shorter,
and the wheelbase is 107 inches, but it's the same truck as the 1100 in
nearly every way. The front suspension is leaf spring on my C900, and I'm
guessing the rest of the 900s are the same.

The 908 was produced only in the 67 and 68 production years, but the earlier
900 series trucks (63-66) also used the same front clip and cab. You can
drop a powertrain from any 1000 series pickup or travelall into one.

The 266 is exactly the same size as a 304. Same relationship as the 345/392
in that regard. Same flywheel. Yes, you can bolt in a 392 where there was a
266. I have swapped a 304 into my B120 travelall. The hardest part was
banging the oil filler tube so that the generator bracket would fit. You
won't have that problem.

There was a 908 at AZIHR two years ago. Very nicely done, but the owner (a
very nice person who I think was from the east part of metro phoenix)  had a
purple outfit that matched the paint on his truck. Apparently, purple is
something to which I have an allergy, because the sight made me slightly
nauseated, and mass quantities of alcohol were required to nullify the
effect. With luck, I won't have to find out how a man wearing a pink outfit
to match a barbie scout will affect me. There may not be enough liquor
stores close by.

The 900 series is short enough that they make awesome street machines. I'm
saving one just for the purpose. There will come a time when a hot 304 in
front of a 727 will go into mine. Heck, I'll even do up the upholstery and
*paint* the thing.

But not purple.

-Allan