Re: [ihc] Diesel scheming.

The price would be a little steep unless the salesman is playing a
number game with the trade in. The motor isn't a turbo so it really
wouldn't be that great a step up from an SV in my Travelette. I have a couple Travelalls, a 10K rated '75 2wd 200, and a really nice
bodied '80 Traveler around in need of motors. I have plenty of divorced
T-cases, 3/4T rear ends, 3/4T front ends in 4.10.... Tempting.
I would guess that Banks and others make a turbo for that engine. Sounds like a good price to me if you really would use it for one of the projects you mention.

I've been hauling hay helping a relative feed his cattle, so right now Option 3 , the flatbed on the chassis making it into a farm truck sounds really good to me.

John
--
John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs