[ihc] Diesel scheming.

I'm a volunteer EMT-I (NREMT-I'85 for those who understand these things)
on our local ambulance service.  We are looking at updating from our '93
E-350 ambulance.  One of the options is putting the existing module
(box) onto a brand new chassis ('03 E450 7.3 powerstroke or '04 E450 6.0
Powerstroke if we wait a few months).  The company that does this has
offered $4500 trade in for the old chassis.  They then take the old
chassis and put a delivery or construction body on it and sell it.

So for $4500 or so I could get a complete (cut off behind the front
doors) '93 E350 van chassis with 19,000 miles on it. 7.3 diesel (non
turbo), Od automatic, 4.10 rear end, new injection pump......

The price would be a little steep unless the salesman is playing a
number game with the trade in. The motor isn't a turbo so it really
wouldn't be that great a step up from an SV in my Travelette.
I have a couple Travelalls, a 10K rated '75 2wd 200, and a really nice
bodied '80 Traveler around in need of motors.  I have plenty of divorced
T-cases, 3/4T rear ends, 3/4T front ends in 4.10.... Tempting.

I'll probably chicken out, but it is good scheming and dreaming
material.

Dream #1. One heck of a Travelall for highway cruising/towing/ drift
busting. Gear it more for cruising with 3.54s or so.

Dream #2. One snortin' Traveler (which _was_ a Midas with an SD33T when
it left the factory).

Dream #3. Farm/Rescue truck 10K# 200 4wd with a flatbed, gooseneck
hitch, daul alternators, straight stacks, surplus Hummer tires.

Ed Sohm
Battle Creek, IA

'71 800 B
'74 200 4X4 Travelette Camper Special