[ihc] David's front axle nuts

David,
      New axle nuts are availble from almost any offroad shop and the nut
and washer should be around $5 for the set.  I put them in the box with the
socket and keep them in the toolbox for those unforseens.

-just as a word to the wise, if you haven't already bought the socket for
those, I recommend buying the 6-point open type AS WELL AS the 6-point
closed type, this way you can work on a previously buggered set, in
addition to being able to correctly torque the newer undamaged nuts without
risk.  I took my 6 point open type socket (with 6 tabs protruding) and
welded some material to the inside of the socket.  I've had some trouble in
the past with the points being so wide that they would round off some of
the newer nuts, and would fail to grab some previsouly damaged ones.  Cost
for the new nuts and washers, about $10.  Cost for each of the sockets
about $8 ea.  Total: for under $30 you never have to worry.

Good luck!

JoelB

Also, anyone know where to buy new nuts and locking washer that hold
the wheel on?  The previous owner has buggered them up really badly,
apparently using a cold chisel (or more likely a screwdriver) to put
them on and off.

Thanks in advance,

David

=====