[ihc] Jim's fluids

Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 09:43:51 -0800
From: "Jim or Ginger Aos" <jaos@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [ihc] More Lube Questions...

I was told or read somewhere, that you could mix the oil and grease in the
steering knuckles.  So I did.  Synthetic grease with M1 gear lube, and so
far no noticeable wear on the upper bushing.
Jeep guys like the oil/grease 'butter', prolly gets around more in an axle that doesn't see a lot of time in 4x4.

Question?  In the 205 t.c. and t36 trans. what is the consensus as to the
best oil.  I know that it was mentioned, but I was to quick with the delete
button.
You're a Mobil 1 guy, so go for the 15W-50. Lots of good reports. I use Chevron 50W motor oil.

Jim