Re: [ihc] Did IH make these?

Ryan Moore wrote:

I would think you could put one in with a standard transmission since
it's a floor shifter.  Seems like a column shift would not be easy to
work out--and I doubt if GM had one from their cars to sell anyway as I
doubt if they offered it.
Howard

Doubt all you want, they did, at least in the pickups.

They also offered tilt wheels with floor shifters too, but those are not all
that common and are $$$.  I imagine you could make a GM tilt collumn
designed for a floor shifter work if you really wanted to.

I believe the GM tilt option came out during the 67-72 production run. I
don't *think* it was any earlier, but I know for a fact that it was availble
by the end of the run as my brother's '72 chevy pickup has a factory tilt
wheel and I've seen a '70 model with a factory tilt as well.
Ryan,

I think Howard's trying to say he doubts GM offered a tilt column *with a column shift manual*.

The "3 on the tree" in my mom's '68 Chevy 1/2T 2wd (250-6) certainly doesn't tilt. On the plus side, it does have the electronic overdrive, so it IS fun to split shift..