Re: [ihc] Did IH make these?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Howard R Pletcher" <n9ads@domain.elided>
To: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Monday, November 17, 2003 11:20
Subject: Re: [ihc] Did IH make these?

> 1974 Travelall price list:Tilt Steering Wheel, code 05703, $59.00, For
> use with:Power Steering and Auto Transmission Only, Codes 05382 and
> 13407.
>
> I would think you could put one in with a standard transmission since
> it's a floor shifter.  Seems like a column shift would not be easy to
> work out--and I doubt if GM had one from their cars to sell anyway as I
> doubt if they offered it.
> Howard

Doubt all you want, they did, at least in the pickups.

They also offered tilt wheels with floor shifters too, but those are not all
that common and are $$$.  I imagine you could make a GM tilt collumn
designed for a floor shifter work if you really wanted to.

I believe the GM tilt option came out during the 67-72 production run. I
don't *think* it was any earlier, but I know for a fact that it was availble
by the end of the run as my brother's '72 chevy pickup has a factory tilt
wheel and I've seen a '70 model with a factory tilt as well.

-Ryan