[ihc] Come-Along Li'l Hanger

Hi All,

Just a quick follow up on my spring hanger prob.

Earlier this a.m., I did a Mandara-esque "field repair". Thanks for the
link/picture Tom, it was worth 1,000 words. ;-)

I got a big honkin' pry bar and obligatory BFH and pried & beat the spring &
hanger back into their proper position - more or less. Next, I then got a
come-along and a length of chain, and pulled the axle back to it's normal
position - more or less.  I left the come-along in place, wrapped with some
excess chain length, and limped on over to my local friendly very expert
welder.  He'll get on it Monday. Oh well, such are the adventures of a (47
year old) boy and his 27 year old toy! %^}

Thanks to all that helped me get the exact parts verbiage down, offer other
words of wisdom, etc., and tell me that this is not a totally uncommon
thing. Even if all you had to say "Me too!" (what an outstanding post it
was!), your input was appreciated!  ;-) Misery loves company and all that
rot!

Have a great weekend.

Cheers,

--Pete

   ||( )| | | | | |( )||   Binder AT pferris DOT com
   | ----------------- |   '77 Scout II, 304, a/t, p/s, etc.
  [/\_@@ ==== ==== @@_/\]  More 'stock' than 'not'!
  [/>#################<\]  http://www.pferris.com/Binder_Pix/Binder_Pix.php
  [/</]   \_/       [\>\]  http://www.pferris.com/scout