[ihc] RE: Things That Go GRRRRRRRIND In The Night!

: > How big a deal is it to fix?
:
: I don't think the parts house can help. :D

Well, I meant for a replacement hanger.  It doesn't appear to have parted
voluntarily - or 'cleanly'! ;-)

: Look at the bottom of this pic page -
:
: http://tigger.tmcom.com/~tsm1/scout/jpg/trail_rides/deerlodge_
: 8_15_98/pics.html
:
: You'll see my ripped mount.
:
: Is that what you see? :D

Yeah, THAT'S the ticket, other side, but you got it! (And glad you got some
picts back online).

: Fix is "simple" - beat/push/pull the hanger back into place, and weld.
:
: Easiest to unbolt the spring first, weld it up, and then put
: the spring back in and re-bolt.

And you can't help it, even if you ARE right 99.9% of the time! I tell my
wife it's like a disease, and she should console me!

Thanks as always - seeing your picts helped... "Misery loves company" and
all that.  I, naturally, have already taken pictures.  Alas, no digital cam,
but a trusty 35mm Minolta, and have more to take to use up the roll, process
at Wal-Mart, etc. Eventually they'll make an article on my PN pages. "The
joys of motoring" indeed...

Cheers,

--Pete

   ||( )| | | | | |( )||   Binder AT pferris DOT com
   | ----------------- |   '77 Scout II, 304, a/t, p/s, etc.
  [/\_@@ ==== ==== @@_/\]  More 'stock' than 'not'!
  [/>#################<\]  http://www.pferris.com/Binder_Pix/Binder_Pix.php
  [/</]   \_/       [\>\]  http://www.pferris.com/scout (under construction)