Re: [ihc] Things That Go GRRRRRRRIND In The Night!

Pete,
   I had a front drivers side rear spring mount tear away from the frame
and cause this very same thing. It peeled the bottom of the frame
forward and collapsed the spring, i.e. made the spring flat, so the tire
was pushed into the fender. Didn't tear my tire up real bad, but; it
could have.
   I cut a patch from an old frame I had laying around and welded it
over the spot and re-attached the spring mount.

Dan Nees
danees@domain.elided