Re: [ihc] in-tank fuel sock

----- Original Message -----
From: "George B Humphrey" <xgbhx@domain.elided>
To: <ihc@domain.elided>
Cc: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2003 11:39
Subject: Re: [ihc] in-tank fuel sock

> I'm really surprised you were able to get one. I called up S.S.S. about
> a year ago and they said the socks no longer exist. I was, however, able
> to get a new one when I ordered a new sending unit. It was attached to
> the sender. Made me wonder why a new sock was available for a new sender
> but not available new by itself.
>
> George H.
> 72 Scout II
> 345 V8

<snip>

Obviously, one way or another, the new socks exist... maybe SSS doesn't
carry them seperately, but they must be manufactured to be able to be on the
sending units.  I love it when I'm told something "doesn't exist" because
the company doesn't carry it... or doesn't sell it seperately (which still
makes me wonder how it doesn't exist if they have it).  Now, maybe the only
way to get them is with sending units, but they do exist...

-Ryan