Re: [ihc] trans mounts on T19 from T18?

---Not if he pulled the crossmember and installed it backward, or installed
it a bolt hole back(*). Normally there is a cupped area on the crossmember
that sets under the driveshaft. I would assume that if the springs are
sagging enough, the driveshaft would clear the crossmember. *Also
considering that a PO might have drilled holes in the frame for some reason
and it is not bolted up correctly too... lol, can't see it so I am going to
try and cover everything.

---Regardless, the trans mounts for the T19 and T18 are the same part. It
should* bolt up, so something has* to be wrong.

---As for the motor mount not being able to break... so the motor would
slide back and forth, never say never. The studs could have snapped and the
entire mount (from the frame) or the engine (from the mounting brackets)
could be shifting. The bolt end could be sitting in the hole not attached to
anything and looking normal... Far fetched maybe, but I have some motor
mounts that have the studs broken off, not impossible.

---Totally off-topic but deserving reservation. Unlike Scout DAMness (name
misspelled to protect the innocent), I will not say it is the installer, I
will say it has to be a problem with the parts :O Did I say that? OHHHH it
has been brewing for more than two years, you have to figure I would say it
(so I could feel better) sooner or later.

---Thank you,
-T.R.E.Jr.
-`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
-`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
-`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
-`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)