Re: [ihc] in-tank fuel sock

----- Original Message -----
From: "T.R.E.Jr." <T_R_E_Jr@domain.elided>
To: "John Harrison" <j-harrison4@domain.elided>; <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2003 06:26
Subject: Re: [ihc] in-tank fuel sock

> ---I removed the sock/cartridge and installed an in-line filter after the
> tank. Might be a good idea for you too. It saves time and effort to
> inspect/clean/change. You could also go all-out and get a 10 micron
> pro-billet fuel filter from K&N or something similar.
>
> ---Thank you,
> -T.R.E.Jr.
> -`73 Scout II (StoneThrower)
> -`51 Farmall H (Heinz)
> -`49 IH fridge (presently unnamed and in need of a compressor)
> -`49 Plymouth Special Deluxe 4-door Sedan (Papapalooza)

<snip>

I had done the after tank filter method too, but had put my filter in the
engine bay before the pump... after having the line get clogged *before* the
filter, I decided it might be a good idea to put another filter immediately
after the tank and I also believe I put the sock on when I had to get my
second new sending unit for the scout.

-Ryan