Re: [ihc] cold start problem (was Re: 13" clutches...)

----- Original Message -----
From: "T.R.E.Jr." <T_R_E_Jr@domain.elided>
To: "John M. Adams" <jma@domain.elided>
Cc: <ihc-digest@domain.elided>
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2003 00:45
Subject: [ihc] cold start problem (was Re: 13" clutches...)

Um.... cold causes metal to contract... however the contracting could make
the distance shorter, but with the temperature range we are talking about, I
don't know how much movement it could be...

> ---One problem that I had a while back, was that the holes in the yokes of
> the linkage were elongated. When I did was drill them out, making mine
1/2",
> then getting some 1/2" stock, cutting it to the correct width (1/4" IIRC)
> and drilling the center out to 3/8" to accept the sheer pins. I had in
> short, created bushings. That cured the problem I had with slop in the
pedal
> (depressing the pedal 1/2" before creating any movement in the throwout
> bearing).

<snip>

great idea... don't think I would've thought of doing something like that...
I'm not all that good at fabbing stuff either...

-Ryan