RE: [ihc] 13" clutches ...I think it is possible

## >> That's cold grease in the tranny that's killing your engine.
## >> You should
## >> have 50 wt engine oil in the tranny.  That helps some.
## >>
## >> I found some tranny oil that's used in over the road rigs.
## >> Looks & smells
## >> for all the world like heavy wt Mercon.  I use it in my
## >> PowerStroke manual.
## >> Might be just the ticket for the manual trannys in Scouts.
## >> It doesn't get
## >> so thick in the winter.

i put 15w50 Mobil-1 synthetic oil in the T18 transmission and D20 transfer
case in our 800A.  that seems to have solved the problem for me rather
nicely.  same stuff i put in the engine, as a matter of fact, which
simplifies matters immensely.  i think it was somebody here on the Digest
that suggested that i give it a whirl, and i'm quite satisfied with the
result.  transmission runs cooler and quieter than it did with whatever was
in it before.

my standard nickel.  as with everything i say, take with a grain of salt.

--Mac

Wassail!

Krystof "Mac" MacBryghde
TyrGothi