[ihc] 13" clutch in a pickup?

Date: Fri, 07 Nov 2003 19:17:44 -0500
From: Rocky Lear <rockylear@domain.elided>
Subject: [ihc] 13" clutches ...I think it is possible

After a lot of time spent today comparing bellhousings and other tranny parts and pieces...I think that I can put a 13" clutch in this truck I am working on.
Of course you can, but *why*? An 11" clutch is perfectly adequate behind a 392 if you know how to drive a manual tranny, a 12" is good well into the Loadstar GVW range. 13"? Overkill for any light duty application IMO, unless you just want the left leg workout ;)

Jim