From: owner-ihc@domain.elided [mailto:owner-ihc@domain.elided]On Behalf Of Ed
Sohm
Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 10:56 AM
To: jma@domain.elided; ihc@domain.elided
Subject: RE: [ihc] Different Axle Widths on T'All

Allan E. says the widths and mount points are pretty much close enough
to call the same from early '60s through the end of production.

I made my '74 200 Travelette 4X4 utilizing a '74 4X4 200 parts truck.
If you plan to use a later drive train, I would recommend the same
approach. Buy a  rusty, nasty, hail damaged parts truck for a couple
hundred and start swapping. A side benefit is the wonderful lawn
ornament/spaceship for the kids you end up with.

Ask for specifics brakes/drums/steering as you get closer and you will
get some good answers.  Beware of the little costs though that you just
as well do while in there.   U bolts, U joints, brake
pads/cylinders/lines, wheel bearings.  Beware also of big costs like
rotors for a 4X4 200 are like $250 each.

I would recommend you keep your eyes open for a cheap '74/'75 100 or 150
4X4 if you want disk brakes.  They did do open knuckles before that, but
with drum fronts. That would maybe allow the use of your stock master
cylinder.

Ed Sohm
Battle Creek, IA

'71 800 B