Re: [ihc] Different Axle Widths on T'All

I am by no means a super expert on this, but I do know that when I needed to
change out the rear axle on my '68 Travelall (1100, 4X4), I was under the
same impression-as was my mechanic, who was possibly the most knowledgeable
IH mechanic I have ever known.  However, we got a rear axle off of a early
'70's 1100 Travelall, and the mounting points were considerably different
(3-4", I believe)-enough that it couldn't be used without some serious
fabrication/welding work.  This perplexed both of us, but we ended up just
finding another rear axle.  What I cannot swear to is that it came off of
another T'all instead of a pick-up, but with most things IH, I have always
found that even these would be the same.  I also don't know if the donor
vehicle was 4X4 or not, but, again, wouldn't think that would make a
difference.

Just wanted to throw this out there so maybe someone would check before
getting the wrong donor vehicle!

Michael