From: John Hofstetter [mailto:hofs@domain.elided]
Sent: Monday, November 03, 2003 9:33 PM
To: Ed Sohm; ihc-digest
Subject: Re: [ihc] Intake manifolds

>Guys,
>
>I'm having a weak brain moment for some reason.  I have a 345 in my
>Travelette that I have never been able to get to run as well as other
IH
>motors.  It always feels choked or something.  Based on how it is set
>up, it should be a runner. It has an Edelbrock 1405 (stock out of the
>box)  on a 1" phenolic spacer on top of a square bore manifold.
>Pertronix in a Holley Points distributor, matching Pertronix coil,
Bosch
>platinums gapped at stock gap, 7mm napa wires.  8 degrees BTDC with a
>functioning vac advance. Rear dump manifolds, 2 1/4" exhaust to turbo
>mufflers, then 2 1/2" tailpipes.  727 and 4:10 gears, LT 265/75R16
>tires. Vacuum at about 18mm/hg.

Ed,

Guessing

I think you should check your fuel pumps pressure and volume.

Replace the fuel filter unless you've already done that.

Check the plug wires for even ohm/inch even if the wires look OK.
That's a hot coil.

Try the timing at about 12 degrees early. It works for some, but not for
me.

John Hofstetter