RE: [ihc] 80 Scout, Koenig PTO Winch Question

At 8:37 PM 11/2/03, Mac @ TRIAD wrote:
>## >> IIRC, the 5 speed transmissions have the 10 bolt PTO output.
>## >> The 4 speed in
>## >> a scout came with a 6 bolt PTO.

I have NEVER seen a Dana 20 case with ANYTHING but an oil pan--NOT a 6 hole
PTO flange--on the bottom of it--and I have seen a LARGE BUNCH of Dana 20's
!!!

PTO's for the Dana _18_ (as used in Scout 80's, and many J**ps, has the
offset rear driveshaft output) mounted on the rear of the case, in line
with the input from the tranny, and sometimes were stacked with a Warn OD
unit--but NEVER went on the bottom, oil pan opening !!!! I HAVE a Scout 80
with one of these.

AFAIK--the NP202 case, as WELL as the NP 201--had a _10_ hole PTO opening.
The 205's have a 6 hole PTO flange.

SOME of the Warner 4 speeds have 6 hole PTO flanges on BOTH sides of the case.

Let's STOP with the mis-information , DAMMIT !!!!

Greg