Re: [ihc] Digest issues....

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 07:10:16 -0600 Ryan Moore <baradium@domain.elided> wrote:

> Ok, I'm getting annoyed now...

it's probably a bad idea to get annoyed about this particular issue. there's
nothing you or i can do about it.

> I'm having issues with the digest.  I'll recieve responses to messages I
> haven't even recieved yet, and then I'll recieve the message in question
> hours later.  Messages I send myself can take 8 hours before I get them
> back.  Anyone know what's going on?

yes.

the server rebooted about midnight last night, eastern time, a fact i discovered
about 7:30am this morning. for various reasons, email didn't restart immediately,
and i manually restarted it this morning.

so there's 8 hours worth of bottled up email which is being handled in a fairly
arbitrary manner. not much that can be done about it.

richard