[ihc] RA15/RA20 What a can of worms:)

I have tried to hang in there with all the details of the postings and appreciate all of the feedback. At this point, I am trying to determine how to cut through all of the tangles to adapt what I have read to my own situation.

I have a D70 front. It has the 6 lug pattern. Since I will be converting it over to an open knuckle, I assumed the lug pattern would be of little consequence and buy back the spindles and rotors that I will need. I'd sure like to retain these factory lockout hubs though but don't know if I can because they may be too big to fit the parts being put back on (parts that I will assume to be the same as a D60).

Does anyone know if a 15" aftermarket aluminum 8 lug wheel (about 3 5/8" backspacing) will fit over the RA15 drums? Is there any way to convert this axle to disc brakes?

Rocky