[ihc] panel truck update

This past weekend I finally had some real time to tinker with the panel...

First order of buisiness was to hook up some jumper cables and charge the
battery up some....

after that I needed to take the driveshaft out, since I'd been unable to
keep it running with it stuck in gear...

After removing the driveshaft, which appears to have the original u-joints
on it still... in really good shape too, but since I have it out I'll
replace them whenever I put it back in (btw, mid-shaft bearings annoy me).

Once the driveshaft was out, I had the truck running strong in short order
(I'd had it running previously, but only for a few seconds at a time).  It
was running without assistance almost immediately (almost due to me playing
with the choke initially and killing it).  This gave me the opportunity to
play with the shifter some and try to diagnose the transmission.   I'm
withholding my interpretation of the symptoms so I don't cloud anyone else's
interpretation....

When I started it (in park) the parking pawl was clattering, speedometer
indicating  around 25 mph at idle, I took it out of park almost immediately
and got to nuetral, so that speed is also a guess, didn't want to leave it
in park.... nuetral also gave an indication of 25 mph, as did Drive (no
change between nuetral and drive).   2nd gear gave an indication of 20 mph
and the rpms dropped some, 1st gear gave an indication of 15 mph and the
rpms dropped more.   In reverse there was a very large rpm drop and the
speedometer went to 0  (this would indicate that the output is not turning).

Opinions?

Right now this is the single largest obstacle to getting this thing on the
road, for obvious reasons.  There are some electrical issues, but it *could*
go on the road with those.  I'm estimating that it'll be a while before I
can get it anywhere close to ready to be driven, but at least now I can
tinker with it easier...

I also need to find new hardware for the passenger side barn door (the one
that has the handle and associated hardware from opening from the outside
etc).  The driver's side hardware is present and working, but the passenger
side is completely missing its hardware.  Right now the doors are held shut
by a strap that runs from the driver's hinge to the passenger handle and
back... probobly not all that good for the doors and it doesn't really seal
all that well like that either.

-Ryan