RE: [ihc] RA-15 / RA-20

At 8:26 AM 11/2/03, Mac @ TRIAD wrote:
>okay, according to your post, it's the later RA15 with the 12" brakes.  i
>guess i didn't read it close enough.  why did they change to smaller brakes
>when they went to 8 lugs?  will the 8-lug drums and backing plates fit on an
>older RA15 with the six lug 14" drums and hardware?

Because along with the change to eight lug hubs, they went from 17" down to
16" wheels--and the 16" wheels do NOT FIT over the 14" drums !!

>now, bearing all of this in mind, i still want to know what i've got now.
>six on seven and a quarter (normally five on eight, only seen one other of
>this axle with six on seven and a quarter),

Well--I've got two of 'em with six lugs, one with eight. Bigger spindles,
wheel bearings and center hole in the wheels on the six lug ones than on
the eight lug.

Greg