[ihc] Champion Reaper works

Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2003 07:40:11 -0500
From: Howard R Pletcher <n9ads@domain.elided>
Subject: Re: [ihc] Springfield body plant bye-bye

No, Springfield was the Champion Reaper works.  Weber Wagon was in the
Chicago area and became a part of IH a year ot two after the formation of
IH.  I believe that the Weber Works was also demolished in the past
couple years also although it had been sold long ago.

Howard
Thanks Howard, somehow those signals got crossed(maybe before they reached me!). There is a line drawing of the Champion works circa late 1800's in the IH farm equipment product history book, it is massive for the day.

Jim