Re: [ihc] Smokeing Question

Skip,

Excess fuel would be black smoke.

White could be steam or oil.

White smoke is most likely engine oil.  My 345 did that for a while after the rebuild.  Started after a few hundred miles and then quit again later.  Could easily be a ring not quite seated yet.

Steve

Skip Duplissey <scoutii@domain.elided> wrote:
Good news for me is that I've got my brakes (m/c, booster, prop. valve and
some of the lines) completed and working well. Thanks for the help on those
pesky bleeder screws...

My next question is another basic one... I have white smoke coming out of
my exhaust at idle. Could someone please explain to me what causes this?
My motor has about 1,100 miles, so I'm hoping it's just running rich???

Is anyone from this list going to the TX IH Roundup?

Thanks!
Skip
'79 SII, 345, 727, 3.73