Re: [ihc] greetings

The bolt holes are drilled all the way through. The bolts need just enough sealant to seal them up. Don't do what a so
called professional transmission shop did to my Scout: try to fill the holes with RTV then screw in the bolts. The RTV
not only sealed the bolts but also the oil passage feeding the rear main bearing. It ruined the rear main bearing. I
found chunks of RTV the size of my little finger in the oil pan too. BTW I didn't want to screw with the crankshaft and
bearings and so on, so I just put it back together. That was about 3 years ago. still running OK. These things are tanks.

- Jim in Mesa