Re: [ihc] A Shocking Question

On Wednesday, October 8, 2003, at 12:13  PM, Daniel Nees wrote:

Pete,
You get what you pay for. If you use cheap hardware on the shocks you
will keep loosing bolts and nuts.
Go buy real Grade 8 bots, nuts, washers and lockwashers and torque
them to about 60 ft-lbs or untill the rubber bushing is really squished
but, not till the washers are tight on the metal eye. This will keep the
hardware where it belongs, and not some guys windshield on the highway.
I was constanly loosing these bolts till I bought East Coast Scout
Parts spring and shock bolt kit. It comes with grade 8 bolts to do all 4
spring bushing hangers and the shock mounts.

Dan Nees
To add to what Dan is saying, I welded Grade 8 washers on each side of the oblong hole on the mount.

John Hofstetter
www.goldrush.com/~hofs