[ihc] Cruise control?

Anyone have cruise control in their trucks?
That works?
Anyone know how the cruise control works?
The manual explains it, but the explanation is beyond me right now, and I'm
fairly certain that it's an
electrical problem not a mechanical one, because the old box worked, just
that it would only set to particular speeds like:
(GPS verified)  41,52, 66, 78, 85 MPH, but I had to drive 8 mph faster and
it would creep down to those values.

I got a NOS box and put it in.  No good.
put the old box in.
no good.

So, the mechanicals are the same, I just want to know what the electrical
harness does, where it goes, what it should do, and any other pertinent
info...

Thanks all!

JoelB