RE: [ihc] question of fuel readings Poll

Well i'm running the 30gal tank, uses straps instead of directly bolted to
the frame.

I get at full tank, dead on the full mark. At 3/4 mark i have used about
5gal (20 litres). At half mark about 10gal (40 litres). At 1/4 mark about 20
gal (60 litres), after that I don't know accurately, because it takes so
long to change.

When I first installed the tank, I put in about 2-1/2 gal made no change to
the gas gauge display. I know that when i first filled the tank from dry it
took 110 litres.

It is wired with a direct ground from the batt, and a new feed to the
firewall. I had to replace the rear wiring harness a couple years ago, and
redid the whole rear harness with direct ground feeds to all the lights and
acc at the back.

Jason C. should speak here as well since i know he has a 33gal that bolts
directly to the frame.

Marc Kruithof
'66 IH scout 800
'77 IH Scout Traveler (Terra right now)